COVID-19 Precautions & Preparations
COVID-19 Precautions & Preparations
The COVID-19 pandemic has been the cause for much concern when it comes to decisions surrounding travel - both for our guests and for us, as your hosts. As you consider your options for travel in New England we invite you to read our COVID-19 cleaning and safety protocols below and speak directly with us if you have any questions or concerns.
We are proud of our exceptional level of service and cleanliness at The Nutmeg Vermont, however the onset of COVID-19 has made us take a deeper look at how we do things. We have used CDC guidelines and guidance from the State of Vermont to enhance our overall sanitizing regime.
Our approach to combatting the spread of COVID-19, is to:
- reduce the number of staff on the premises
- reduce the number of guests on the premises
- reduce crossover between guests and staff as much as possible
- implement strict social distancing and mask-wearing protocols
- eliminate potential threats where possible
- allow guest rooms to stand for 24 hours before rebooking them (to that end, it may happen that you are not assigned the exact room you booked. We will never downgrade you, if we have to move your reservation it will be to a room of the same or better size and quality).
The cooperation of our guests, our team, and our suppliers/vendors is essential to helping combat the spread of COVID-19 - we want to be part of the solution!
We ask that all guests respect social distancing regulations and the state mandated mask wearing protocols in public areas.
The Nutmeg is a private space:
Only pre-registered guests, staff and vendors/suppliers are permitted on the premises. Unfortunately we are not accepting walk-ins at this time.
Much of our building is cooled via a central air-conditioning system. To prevent having shared air circulating through the inn we kept the inn closed during the warm months and have reopened now that it is cool enough that the AC is not required. In the event of unseasonably warm weather all rooms have been equipped with fans and the bedroom windows can be opened.
Each room is equipped with its own individually controlled heating system.
Taking it slow:
The Nutmeg has reopened in a phased approach in line with CDC and the Vermont Health Department recommendations.
- Only 60% of our guest rooms are available for booking at any one time.
- We have restricted the number of guests on the premises to a maximum of 22.
- Guest rooms will be allowed to air for a full 24 hours between guests (to that end, it may happen that you are not assigned the exact room you booked. We will never downgrade you, if we have to move your reservation it will be to a room of the same or better size and quality).
- Reduced crossover between staff and guests. This means having as few staff members as possible on the premises while guests are in the house. Housekeeping staff hours will largely be restricted to between 10 am and 3 pm.
- Daily health check/questionnaire for every team member.
- All team members to wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival or departure and every time they enter or leave the building.
- Expanded public-area housekeeping coverage, with frequent repeated cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces.
- Hand-Sanitizers easily accessible throughout public areas.
- Temporarily suspended late checkouts and early arrivals to reduce staff/guest crossover.
- All linen and towels are laundered by a professional laundry services company rather than being handled in-house.
- Enhanced sanitizing protocols throughout.
- All staff to wear PPE as mandated.
Food and Beverage:
- Unfortunately we have no in-house dining right now. Freshly prepared, individually wrapped to-go breakfasts will be ready to pick up from 8 am. Please order by 10 pm the night before.
- Self service coffee is available from 7 am in the dining room. Please wear a mask, maintain safe distances and use the hand sanitizer provided before serving.
- You’ll still find our famous, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in your room each evening, prepared and served by masked and gloved staff in accordance with the guidelines from the Vermont Department of Heath.
Check in and check out procedures:
- Low contact/no touch check-in.
- Reception staff assisting guests from behind a safety screen.
- Only one family/group in reception at a time.
- Games, puzzles, etc. will be arranged in advance to assure sanitation between use.
- Luggage handling and valet services have been suspended to promote the safety of our guests and staff.
- All team members pledge to stay home when sick, frequently wash hands, hand sanitize, maintain social distancing guidelines, and abide by the protocols established to combat COVID-19.
- Staggered our team’s shifts and days of service and reduced the number of total staff on the premises while guests are present
- Our team has and will receive ongoing State of Vermont and training on best practices for cleaning, maintaining good social distancing and PPE.
- Our team has new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes.
- We will sanitize work areas upon arrival and departure, and frequently in between and maximize ventilation whenever possible.
We ask that you:
- Are prepared to complete the health questionnaire on arrival.
- Submit to a temperature check. Any guest with a temperature of 100.04 or over will be asked to seek medical attention.
- Contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell.
- Comply with the State Vermont travel guidelines/mandates as outlined on Vermont’s Cross State Travel Information before confirming your reservation.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team/community, that any guests displaying any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be asked to leave the premises and requested to seek medical attention. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
Finally, again, we ask that all guests respect social distancing and mask wearing regulations in public areas. Our goal is purely to promote the health and welfare of our guests, our team and our community.